usahelp@stitravels.com

usahelp@stitravels.com Punto di assistenza per studenti italiani in America. Clicca qui!

giovedì 29 settembre 2011

Un Messaggio Di Successo! Federico Cancello - Modena

I left my hometown 4 years ago to move to California…Now, that’s quite an earth-shaking change in the life of a middle class boy from the suburbs of Modena, a rather small but still nice town/city (it depends on how you look at it!) in Northern Italy. Ever since I was a kid, I’ve always dreamed of moving to America and oh boy…I finall...y did it! I arrived in California, beginning of Sept 2007, not knowing what to expect and suddenly found myself facing a multitude of problems and a number of issues I never thought I’d encounter in my life…dealing with culture shock, overcoming the language barrier, getting settled in a totally new environment, not being able to see my super awesome girlfriend for months, and so on.
Even though I had such a hard time seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, I constantly reminded myself
not to give up and keep pursuing that childhood dream that led me to where I am now… About a week ago, I graduated cum laude from Woodbury University with a Bachelor of Science in Business & Management. My dream has finally come true!! I am very grateful to all those who have facilitated my professional and inner growth throughout my college years…Thank you so much!!! Here is what this amazing experience has taught me and I hope you can all get something out of it.
Constantly strive to be good at something. Use your natural talents wisely and celebrate your own uniqueness in every aspect of your beautiful life, enjoy every moment of it. Live up to your full potential…Do not give up. Keep trying even when you feel like there is nothing else to do but cry!! even when everything and everyone around you is pushing you down, pointing you in the wrong direction. Enjoy the benefits of being the quiet dreamer of the group, leading from behind the scenes.
You do not have to be the loudest person in the room to be a good leader… it is only a matter of knowing your terrain like no one else does and acting in such a way that you would always be able to say you performed in an ethically acceptable manner, going the extra mile to ensure everyone who is affected by your decision (including yourself) can benefit from it both in the short and in the long run. Share the love!

Love you Mom and Dad,

Federico Cancello - Modena

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Lascia un tuo commento!